Monday, April 28, 2008

One Week Away!

Until now... I wouldn't even allow myself to think too much about my trip to Taiwan. It's so overwhelming, when I think of the moment I meet the little girl, for whom I've waited what feels like forever, I am overcome with excitement, emotion, and fear. I know I won't be able to take her home but spending a few days with her will be one of the three most memorable days of my life.

I told Jeff the other day, "the boys and I bonded when I carried them and we'll always have that special time. Now I can say I had a similar time with Lucy when she hears I flew halfway around the world just to see her and hold her, even though it was only for a few days."

So for those of you who asked me about the trip and I said "talk to me next week," you're the same people who will have to pick my sobbing self off the floor when I think about it this week. So put your rainboots and slicker on and come along for the ride.

Game on.

PS How cute is this? My niece Monica made this for her littlest cousin. I love how excited Lucy's cousins are to meet her and I can't wait to head back east this summer. Thanks Monica!

No comments: