Monday, April 14, 2008

Excuse Me Doctor, There's a Sister in My Ear

Two weeks ago, I said in a confident (borderline cocky) tone, "J has neeeever had an ear infection and he's almost four." Guess where we went this morning—yep, to the pediatrician with an ear infection.

Hmmm. That got me to thinking... which brings me to boldly making this statement.
"We've neeeever had amazing news telling us Lucy's case has miraculously been completed and we travel to get her before Mother's Day."

Take that, superstition. What are you gonna do now?

Anyway, so we were at the doc and he's looking in J's ears and says, "do I see a superhero in your ear? Could it be Spiderman?" J replied, in a matter-of-fact tone, "no, it's my sister."

Guess she's on everyone's mind in the Mac family.

5:30pm addition: OK, so I failed to mention that at the same time I so smugly declared the no ear-infection history, I also said "And B's never thrown up."


Guess what just happened...

Man, we're NEVER gonna get that call tomorrow.

No comments: