Thursday, August 7, 2008

Pinch Me...

I am still in disbelief that we're inching closer to bringing Lucy home. One minute, it's like nothing's changed...and the next, I'm weeping to songs on the radio. Do you have any idea how many songs have the word baby in them? While I think the songwriters intended the lyrics to be of the romantic variety, they take on entirely new meaning these days.

It's been a while since I was excited to buy bottles and diapers! And when someone said recently, "but you just got your little one out of diapers and now you have to go back there," I said "I KNOW!" a bit more excitedly than they expected. Because unless you're here, in this moment... you really don't know how INCREDIBLE the thought of diapers and bottles and all that comes with it really is.

While we were on vacation, we met this artist in Gloucester who does really great work and purchased a little something for Lucy's room. She painted part of it in Bali and the rest in New England. I found it fitting that the painting is like our family--fits perfectly when completed from different parts of the world. J has been so looking forward to putting it up and last night, he did the honors. I've also started to organize her room--it's become kind of a second play area for the boys so we had to pull out the train table. They were excited to help prepare for their little sister's arrival. We moved things around to make way for a bed...which we'll probably buy this weekend.

Don't go anywhere... this is the part of our journey that gets really interesting!

No comments: