Saturday, August 16, 2008

Blogging Is the New Girls Night Out

BK (before kids), I would often head out for a night with the ladies. We'd talk about anything and everything, offer support and laughs, and celebrate big events. It occurred to me yesterday that, although I do try to reconnect with my gals as much as possible, bloggy friends offer some of those same perks.

After I announced our travel date, I saw posts all over the place celebrating our good news. Ramona cheered, Tiff hooted, Marina partied, Andrea put up balloons, Tamara did a jig, Tisra screamed, and Courtney cried happy tears... Thank you, ladies!

Throughout this journey, I've met some of the most incredible women... some face-to-face and some via the Web. We've laughed, cried and offered a eye. (Hey, it's the Internet...we can't as well offer an ear, silly.)

So this post is dedicated to all of those I've met along the way. I look forward to the CA kids growing up together and eventually seeing those across the country we've yet to meet.


Speaking of friends across the country. Sarah, the first adopting mom to make me second guess Lucy's room decor (check this out), sent our little monkey some VERY appropriate goodies seen here. Thanks Sarah!

And Judy K! She's known for zipping through the court process faster than anyone. (wait, did WE just beat your record?) She sent Lucy these adorable shoes, very functional bib, and leg warmers! I was wondering what Lucy would wear on Mac Family '80s night. Thanks Judy!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Our court timeline record is one I'd be thrilled to have any family beat. And if anyone deserves to be on the super-expedited track, it's your family. I'm so happy to know little Lucy is finally coming home.

Anonymous said...

You don't know how many times I've second guessed crib bedding. After I bought our set, I wanted the set you had... and after the nursery was painted I wanted something with more plums and pink flowers and not so pink and brown. ACK! Oh well, it's just fabric... but mamas that want their little girls home can't help but obsess over little details, right? I can't wait to see more videos of your travels! I'll be rushing home from work every night and loading up the Taiwan Lucy blog to see what's going on.

Anonymous said...

I compltely agree with you about bloggy friends! :) It has been amazing the adoption perk of good friends :)

hugs
Tami<~ who can't wait to meet YOU across the ocean! :)
Noah's Mommy
www.tillGodbringsthemhome.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful post Jackie. You're incredible! Can't wait for the CA girls to grow up together. They're certainly worth the wait! Tiff

Anonymous said...

Jackie -
I don't know how I would have made it through this adoption without all the support I've received from all the other adoptive moms on the blogs and groups!!! Can't wait to follow the rest of your journey!
Tamara