Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Huge Setback

With each step forward, it seems we take two back. We were informed yesterday that all the paperwork that was being requested has indeed been submitted and is officially in the court.

Great news, right?

Well, I also discovered that what I thought was the case actually is not. I was mistaken when I thought that the judge requested said paper. What really happened was that the nursery went to have the case logged in the court and the COURT asked for the paperwork before they could even start processing. So the actual scenario is that we were NOT logged in the court in early Nov but in late Dec or even early January. That sets us back two months further than we thought.

The best case scenario we can predict is picking Lucy up in April. Jeff and I are completely devastated - I can't believe I misunderstood the situation so badly. Our daughter should be home with us for her birthday... for her first steps... but instead we have to assume we'll hear nothing for at least six weeks.

No comments: