Sunday, June 8, 2008

New Week, New Hope

Here we are again (sigh)... Sunday night.
It's Monday morning in Taiwan and the courts are back in session.
The last time we left off, we had our First Decree in the guardianship case.
It's been two weeks now so let's hope the Final Decree happens (or has) and we can get the birth mother's sister's name registered as guardian and get our adoption case into court. At the very least, you'd think we'd get updates on Lucy since other families have recently. Not really sure why things are just so darn hard for us.

At least we know that others are zipping through the courts so maybe there's a judge just sitting there twiddling thumbs waiting for a case to drop in his/her lap. I think I said this before but the fastest I've ever heard from login to first decree is two weeks. The longest? Approx 6 months. (whimper whimper)

I'm truly at the end of my patience. 8 1/2 months since referral... a little one who was 7 1/2 months then who's now 16 months and saying goodbye to three more friends within the next few weeks... if this is a test, I'm very close to failing.

Anyway, just wanted to check in and let you know I'm still kicking. The boys are doing well—swimming like fish and the last week of school. Jeff will know tomorrow if he made round two of his song writing contest. I'm working my butt off and begging God (or anyone who'll listen) to end the wait. It is truly agonizing.

Chin up...

No comments: